In terms of amenity we continuously work to improve the appearance of the City Centre. This can be seen through initiatives such as:
- The Improvement Works on Baron Taylor, Drummond and Lombard Street.
- By working with the Highland Council to improve issues such as cleanliness and security this area of the City Centre is much improved. We commissioned work to clean gutters, deep clean the pavements and walls and combat anti-social behaviour through the removal of areas where there was substantial drug abuse and toileting. Bins were also moved from the streets, allowing access to other areas.
- Floral displays are installed for the tourist season throughout the City Centre. This includes a mix of over 700 pots and hanging baskets.
- Directional Signposts installed in the city centre.
- Gull Project - to reduce the nuisance of gulls to the city centre and its users - removing over 660 nests and nearly 1400 eggs in 2012 to SNH guidelines.
- Rapid removal service of graffiti and fly posting by the BID Ambassadors
All these initiatives were developed with funding from Inverness Common Good Fund.