The work we carry out under the umbrella of marketing is varied but the objective is to promote and act in the best interests of our members. Some examples of this work are:
- This website which includes a business directory of all BID members and provides them with an individual web page to promote themselves.
- An annual events programme which features events such as the Classic Vehicle Show, the Great Easter Egg Hunt, the International Autumn Street Festival. As well as advertising these events, we regularly advertise the City Centre to cruise liners and tour operators who visit the area to draw people into the City Centre. This is additional to specific businesss marketing.
- Annual Food & Drink Guide promoting all relevant businesses within the BID area.
- Free Training Seminars for businesses such as beginners and advanced Social Media Training Sessions and Window Display Training
- We work with other stakeholders, such as the Highland Council, to create an environment where businesses can flourish and operate successfully.
- The BID Facebook Page is regularly updated with BID activities as well as being used to promote individual BID businesses.
We have strong relations with media partners such as MFR, the Highland News and the Inverness Courier.
BID Manager, Mike Smith, writes a monthly Business Comment in the Inverness Courier representing the interests of all BID members.