Panasonic Inverness Store turns 20!
The 10th of December 2021 marks 20 years since Panasonic Store opened on Academy Street. We asked Michael Freeman (the owner) to give us a brief history of the store and here is his story:
- In 2001 I moved down from Wick in Caithness to live in Inverness and at that point manage the store for Graham Begg Ltd (the owner at time of opening)
- The Panasonic Shop opened its doors for first time as shop@Panasonic on 10 December 2001
- We were Scotland’s very first shop@Panasonic at the time so the eyes of other Electrical Dealers in Scotland were very much upon us – as being shop@Panasonic meant selling 100% Panasonic and no other brands.
- We attended the Black Isle Show on several occasions with the help of Panasonic UK and their massive trans European HGV which towed a 40ft trailer which was basically a massive air conditioned, state of the art showroom on wheels. This was a great way to get our message out to everyone across the North of Scotland.
- In June 2009 we rebranded from shop@Panasonic to what we are known today – Panasonic Store
- In 2012 we refitted the entire store internally giving it a brand new fresh look
- During 2012 I began discussions with Graham Begg to allow for his retirement and on September 1st 2014 I became the new owner of the Inverness store.
- We launched our new Website during November 2014
- Over the following years we continued to build our business with Panasonic UK but kept a close eye on expansion into White Goods and other large home appliances
- In May 2019 we joined “Euronics” allowing us to compete in all areas of consumer electricals to now includesWhite Goods plus a lot more appliances.
- 2020 Covid Year was extremely tough but we maintained business operations from behind closed doors throughout both lockdowns despite having to furlough most staff.
- 2021 sees our 20th Birthday as we continue to grow our business and relationships with multiple brands across all consumer electronics and appliances.
Below you can see some of the stores special OPENING OFFERS advertised in the local paper in 2001.